Members and guests who frequent Whittlebury Park are met with the perfect combination of world-class golf facilities teamed with a very personal approach to service. Not one to sit on their laurels, the club are now eager to maximize their unique advantage and took the decision to employ 59club - Europe’s leading customer service benchmarking and training provider, to assist them to develop this winning formula.
As part of the service, 59club will deliver a series of mystery shopper audits which measures the clubs ability to manage a membership enquiry call. The audit also assess the staff’s ability to influence a buying decision during a membership show-round appointment, and also tests their sales ‘follow up’ procedures thereafter.
59club director Mark Reed said: “Whittlebury Park is renowned for having great staff who are dedicated to delivering the very best service. As we develop their customer engagement tactics further and they harness 59club sales principals, the club will undoubtedly see a significant increase in new member conversion rates and a heightened level of contentment within their existing membership base.
Member sales are all about creating a strong rapport with a prospective member. The 59clubs sales process takes you through a journey that gleans an understanding of a golfer’s history, habits, ability and their membership expectations. This empowers staff to tailor their promotion of the club’s facilities and member services to exceed their prospects expectations and ultimately inspires them to ‘want’ to join.
Golfers rarely offer this information up on a plate, they are more concerned with how much membership is going to cost and if that represents value for money. That’s where we come in, we supply the club with a sales procedure, a training aid and an accountable management tool to measure performance thereafter.
Steve Keites, Golf Business Development Manager at Whittlebury Park said: “Our focus is very much fixed on developing our approach when engaging with potential members. We will use 59club’s benchmarking services to measure and perfect the way we attract and sell memberships.
The survey tools built into my59 will be used to gauge both new and existing member’s opinions. With this newfound knowledge we will gain an understanding of how members truly view ‘club life’, allowing us to take appropriate steps to build a better membership experience for all concerned.
We will also scrutinize our visitor journey as part of our work with 59club, we appreciate that if we can perfect the way we engage with our guests both on and off the course, then we can entice these individuals to consider joining the club. If they are not in a position to join, they are certain to return and refer us to their network.
59club’s service principals fit perfectly into our ethos. We look forward to exploring the many other training and management tools within the my59 software, to perfect our sales and service etiquette for everyone’s enjoyment”.
Written and distributed by 59club
Information for journalists
The 59club Limited
• 59club is a unique benchmarking company focusing on ‘mystery shopper’ audits and ‘member surveys’ within the golf, leisure and events industries.
• 59club works with golf and leisure clubs across the UK and Middle East including Gleneagles, Stoke Park, Celtic Manor, Goodwood, Monte Rei, Emirates Golf Club, Yas Links and Dubai Creek as well as golf groups such as QHotels and Marriott.
• 59club analyses and compares all key revenue streams coming into clubs via detailed independent analysis of a visitor’s experience and / or customer surveys.
• The service works across independent golf and leisure clubs, small groups or national chains, with a ‘performance analysis tool’ enabling them to measure and compare a club’s standard of customer service.
• my59: a new benchmarking software system which will enable clubs to arrange their own member surveys and mystery tests, generating detailed feedback to analyse and improve their sales and service offerings on an unlimited basis.
• Golftell: launched in 2015, golftell is a validated feedback site which publishes a golfer’s review of the course condition, food quality, general facilities and standard of service offered by club staff. Golftell strives to provide ‘genuine’ feedback and offers club managers the ability to validate reviews before they go live, interact with their clients, share positive ratings to enhance their brand reputation, and advertise their business to potential clients.
• 59club is run by a team of experienced golf and leisure operators: chief executive Simon Wordsworth, and directors Mark Reed, Matt Roberts and Andy Etherington.
For further information, to arrange an editorial feature on 59club or an interview with Simon Wordsworth, please contact 07956 996 179 or email@example.com